INTERN WITH BIG CLASS!
Like kids? Pizza? Books? Big Class is looking for interns for Summer and Fall 2017! Come exercise your writing skills, work directly with teachers, students, families, and our amazing volunteer community, and gain valuable experience in many aspects of educational programming, event planning and nonprofit organization.
We are looking for Program, Development, and Communications interns for Summer and Fall 2017.
Program Interns support Open Studio, Workshops, the Big Class Writers' Room at Sylvanie Williams College Prep Elementary, Big Class @ Eisenhower, and in-school Projects, helping students on a regular basis, and attending writing workshops, events and initiatives. Program Interns also help carry out assessment of programs.
Development Interns assist with Big Class's fundraising, marketing, and other outreach efforts. They help maintain our database, plan fundraising events and campaigns, manage social media accounts, and assist the Executive Director and Development Manager with grant writing and research.
Communications & Marketing Interns help run Big Class's social media accounts, newsletter, and online presence. They work with our Executive Director and Development Manager to promote Big Class to a variety of stakeholders.
- Minimum commitment of 15-20 hours per week for three months
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel)
- Editing/proofreading experience preferred
- Experience with children in a professional setting a plus
- Some proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a requirement for Design Interns
- 25% discount rate on Big Class books and merchandise
- Opportunity to work with local writers, artists, and educators
- The feelings of accomplishment and joy that comes with working with and publishing young people
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send an email (noting the position you are applying for) with a current resume, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please explain what you will bring to the position, as well as what you hope to gain from the experience. For a Summer internship, please submit all materials by May 15, 2017.